Buckeye Buzz: July 12 - 18, 2021
Student Activities Center (SAC)
Community & Involvement Fair - Registration Open!
Sign up now to participate in the 8th annual Community & Involvement Fair on Monday, August 23, 2021 from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. This is a great opportunity to showcase your organization and begin recruiting new members!
If you would like to participate, please follow the link below to complete the registration form no later than Tuesday, August 3, 2021. You will receive a confirmation when your registration is received.
REGISTRATION LINK: www.go.osu.edu/wdfair2021
A representative from the Welcome Days team will be in touch with the participating organizations during the week of August 9, 2021 to finalize any details or answer any questions you may have. For immediate concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.
Organizations are welcome to begin setting up as early as 1:30 p.m. The fair is an outdoor event held on Ohio State ATI’s front lawn at the junction of Skou and Halterman Halls. In the case of rain, the event will be moved indoors to the lower level of Skou Hall near Café Carmen.
Student Org Essentials: How to Hybrid
Join your fellow student org leaders on Monday, July 19 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. for a productive session about hybrid student organization operations. Plan out which elements will stay virtual and which will transition to in-person. Join the conversation and learn about balancing hybrid operations and resources that can help you be successful this coming year. Register now!
Throughout this summer's series, we will help you make the most of this planning period and prepare to hit the ground running in the fall semester. Stay connected this summer so you can keep up with the latest updates and opportunities!
Save the date & register:
Student Org Essentials: Recruit, Retain, Repeat on Monday, August 16
$50,000 in Prizes to Vaccinated Students, Faculty & Staff
To support the health of the Ohio State community, the university will be awarding $50,000 in prizes to vaccinated students, faculty and staff through four weekly drawings in August. To be eligible, individuals must share their vaccination information with the university.
- If you have not yet been vaccinated, see the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website for information for how to find a location.
- Vaccinated students must report their status through My BuckMD(link is external) to be eligible for prizes.
- Vaccinated faculty and staff must report their status through this simple form(link is external) to be eligible. Even if you were vaccinated through the Wexner Medical Center, you must report through this process.
For more details...
Student Statements of Account are now posted!
The Statements of Account are posting on your Buckeye Link. Please review them for accuracy.
If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Shelly in the ATI Business Office. email@example.com
REMINDER: TUITION AND FEES ARE DUE AUGUST 17, 2021 If you do not need OSU Health Insurance, the deadline to waive is August 17, 2021. This applies to all new and returning students. Health Insurance must be waived at the beginning of each Academic Year.
ABS Global is now recruiting for a variety of exciting opportunities for our Summer 2021 intern positions! Depending on positions, internships are open to high-school grads or those pursuing a degree at an accredited technical college or university. To view more info and openings CLICK HERE!
AgCareers.com presents internship opportunities from valued partners!! Simply CLICK HERE to find current opportunities within each company overview. You'll discover each organizations' job postings, and within that list you'll find internship openings!
ArtiFlex: College Intern/Co-op - PAID INTERNSHIP!!!
The College Intern/Co-op student will perform duties per rotational departmental assignment. The Co-op student reports to the Manager or General Supervisor of the assigned department. The job assignment per work session is determined by the Human Resource Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
The typical departments a Management Co-op may rotate through are: Human Resources, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Purchasing, Accounting, Finance, Sales, Engineering, and EHS (Environmental Health & Safety), Operations
- High School Diploma
- Current Junior or Senior in accredited college program
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to perform a wide variety of physical tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products
Who you will work with:
- All employees, departmental leaders, human resources department, external community contacts.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and required to wear while on the shop floor.
- Office regularly
- Shop floor occasionally
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; operate standard office equipment (including but not limited to computer, telephone, copier); reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hours will vary based on student and business needs
Why work for ArtiFlex Manufacturing?
This is a paid student intern/co-op position based in Wooster, OH. We are looking for students who are ready to embark on a variety of real world work experiences through rotational job assignments. The job assignments will vary based on the department rotation. As a student intern/co-op you will have the opportunity participate and lead project assignments, collaborate with employees company-wide, and take part in professional development opportunities.
Our paid student intern/co-op positions will work either part-time or full-time based on student and business needs. Benefits as a paid student intern co-op:
- $20 - $22 per hour
- Flexible schedule options
- 3 vacations days per semester
- Free Fitness Zone membership
- Students may qualify for furnished housing assistance
Company Description https://www.artiflexmfg.com/careers
Innovation isn’t just what we do. It’s who we are. ArtiFlex Manufacturing designs and builds products and solutions for companies with tough challenges by employing people with a willingness and ability to be “Innovative. Problem Solving. Partners.”
To do this, we support and embody a vision of safely growing our people and unleashing their full potential because we see greatness in everyone we hire. Better products and services for our customers result from the dedicated development of our employees. That’s our culture.
Imagine your possibilities with ArtiFlex and apply to one of our current openings or submit your resume or application for consideration to future openings.
Looking for a job??
Students looking for on-campus jobs: log in to workday.osu.edu and set the Primary Location to “Wooster Campus” using the options on the left side of the page.
- Log into Workday.
- In the Applications section, click the Career Application.
- In the View Section, click either Search Students Jobs or Search Student Federal Work Study Jobs. (Set location now)
- Click the Job Title (ex. Student Assistant) to view the job posting details.
- Click Apply to apply for the job.
Students looking for employment in the Wooster area: create an account at Handshake.osu.edu