The 62nd Student Life Leadership Awards will be hosted on April 10th, 2022! The ceremony will be virtual again this year to maintain an accessible experience for recipients and viewers, and we hope this can be an accessible opportunity to highlight student and staff leaders across the regional campuses as well.
Applications for all leadership awards will open on January 10th, 2022, and close on January 31, 2022, at 11:59 pm. All OSU students can apply directly or be nominated by faculty, staff, or another student.
Who is Eligible for Ohio State Leadership Awards?
Any Ohio State student, faculty or staff member is eligible. You do not need to hold a formal title or leadership position in order to be recognized. Leadership Award judges focus more on learning, attitudes, action, and accomplishments than on previous awards or titles. In some cases, an award may be designed for specific students, faculty, or staff (example: Outstanding First Year, or Outstanding Advisor).
How to Apply for 2022 Leadership Awards
Applications for the 2022 Leadership Awards will open January 10, 2022
Annual Awards Given
- Outstanding First-Year Student Award (application or nomination and letter of recommendation)
- Outstanding Graduate/Professional Student Award (application or nomination and letter of recommendation)
- Stanley D. Gottsegen Leadership Award (application and interview)
- Kaplan Humanitarian Award (application and letter of recommendation)
- Dr. Ellamae Simmons Award (application and letter of reccomendation)
- Boehm Holistic Wellness Awards - Sponsored by Student Life Wellness Center (application or nomination)
- Scarlet, Gray, and Green Student Leadership Award - sponsored by Student Life Energy Management & Sustainability (application or nomination)
- Student Life Student Employee Award - Sponsored by the Student Employee Experience (nomination)
- Student Life Outstanding Student Supervisor - Sponsored by the Student Employee Experience (nomination)
- Diversity Engagement Award - Sponsored by Student Life Multicultural Center (application or nomination)
- Outstanding Diversity Program - Sponsored by Student Life Multicultural Center (application or nomination)
- Student Organization Individual Contribution Awards: New Member, General Member, Positional Leader, and Advisor (nomination)
- Student Organization Awards: Excellence in Member Development, Excellence in Organization Operations, Excellence Community Engagement, Outstanding Student Org Program (application)
- Outstanding Student Organization - New Organization (application)
- Outstanding Student Organization - Overall Organization (application)
- Spirit of Ohio State Award - Individual (nomination)
- Spirit of Ohio State Award - Organization (nomination)
- Outstanding Senior Award (application and letter of recommendation)
Past Leadership Award Recipients
Click here to view a comprehensive list of all past Leadership Award recipients: Leadership Awards All Years
Please share this with any students and advisors you are working with, nominate students on or after January 10th, and apply for an award yourself if applicable. Individual award descriptions and past recipients can be viewed at go.osu.edu/leadershipawards.